Friday, December 21, 2012

Spreading the Christmas Cheer

Yesterday morning I headed out to Assumption Parish's St. Vincent DePaul Society to help organize Christmas baskets for the local families in need.  We filled each box with pastas, snacks, cake mixes, soup, canned fruits and vegetables, stuffing, and much more.  With so many helping hands, we got done very quickly, and families were able to pick up their baskets later in the day.  This experience reminded me that I need to keep in mind the true meaning of Christmas even when the world around us tries to avoid it.  These next 4 days couldn't go by faster!  I hope everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

"Not all of us can do great things.  But we can do small things with great love."
~Mother Teresa
Helping organize the Christmas Baskets

I was the Stuffing Queen. 

Thank you Sarah for waking up early to help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment